.: Harry Edmond's 1/72nd F8 Crusader

The F-8 aircraft was originally built by LTV Aerospace, Dallas, Texas. Powerplant was a Pratt and Whitney J57 turbojet. Wingspan is 35 feet 2 inches (350 square feet), and the overall length is 54 feet 6 inches, and height is 15 feet 9 inches. The F-8 Crusader was the last US fighter designed with guns as its primary weapon. The F-8A entered service in March of 1957. The RF-8G Crusader aircraft, the "Eyes of the Fleet" operated by Photo Reconnaissance Squadrons (VFP), featured camera ports on the side of the fuselage and a forward firing camera in the blister below the intake. The RF-8's remained in service longer than the fighters, equipping reserve units through late 1986.




Click on most Images to see More




Web site contents Copyright Eastern Suburbs Scale Modelling Club 2013, All rights reserved.