The Kfz 13 (also in German: Maschinengewehr-Kraftwagen) was the first armoured reconnaissance vehicle introduced by the Reichswehr after the First World War and, by 1935, 147 units of this lightly armoured vehicle had been delivered to the fleet. The Kfz 13 was based on a civilian car, the Adler Standard 6. Although the Kfz 13 was equipped with all-wheel drive, the vehicle had poor cross-country capability. The unarmed version, the Kfz 14 communications vehicle, was equipped with a radio set instead of the machine gun.
The Kfz 13 was deployed in the Invasion of Poland and the Battle of France. It was retired from active service in 1941 and only used thereafter for training purposes.
- Weight: 2.1 t
- Length: 4.2 m
- Width: 1.7 m
- Engine: water-cooled six cylinder inline engine from the Adler "Standard 6" with 51 horsepower and a capacity of 2,916 cm³
- Top speed (on road): 70 km/h.
- Fuel capacity : 70 l
- Range: 380 km
- Crew: 2 (Kfz 13), 3 (Kfz 14)
- Armament: MG 13, later MG 34 with 1,000 rounds of ammunition
- Armour: around 8 mm
- Manufacturer: Daimler-Benz
- Years of manufacture: 1932 to 1934
- Quantity: 147 (Kfz 13), 40 (Kfz. 14)
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kfz 13.