The Douglas A-26 Invader (designated B-26 between 1948–1965) was a United States twin-engined light attack bomber built by the Douglas Aircraft Co. during World War II that also saw service during several of the Cold War's major conflicts. A limited number of highly modified aircraft (designation A-26 restored) served in combat until 1969.
The redesignation of the type from A-26 to B-26 has led to popular confusion with the Martin B-26 Marauder. Although both types used the R-2800 engine, they are completely different designs.
The last A-26 in active US service was assigned to the Air National Guard; that aircraft was retired from military service in 1972 by the US Air Force and the National Guard Bureau and donated to the National Air and Space Museum.
(sourced from Wikipedia.)